6.16.2008

Friday the 13th, Atv’s, cowbells, mud, and hiking

A very good and interesting weekend. First off of course friday was FRIDAY the 13th…ooo. My day started off superb. I got my own printer for my office so I don’t have to keep getting up and walking to eh printer for my 8 million reports I print in a day. I have been waiting and waiting patiently for this fabulous ‘xmas present’. Then I caught up on some paperwork that has been sitting in my in box for months staring at me. Ah felt wonderful. About the same time as I finished the last of my ‘to do list’ it hit me that it was Friday the 13th. Ah! Then our tech guy came in and told me he has to send my printer back because it isn’t compatible with our banking program..bye bye fabulous Christmas present, then I got slammed with member phone calls and got backed up, and then to make matters worse one of our branches went offline so for my End of Day processes that I have to do once the bank closes was going to take twice as long. But then the sun came out and everything got better like usual. Then after work I ran home got changed and headed to George’s house to ‘meet the kids’. Seriously people I was so scared it was like a job interview. I never had to meet a guy that I’m dating kids. But as soon as I walked in their house and I saw their shining faces I knew it would be ok. We had a great night. We ate, went for a cruise, checked out the tents at the Americinn, played Nintendo WII, and watched movies. They are great.

Sat was a little more complex. I got up and went down to the ATV parade. It was a lot of fun. Jenn and I met up with this Jen and Tucker. He was so fasinated with all the noises and big ol ATV’s I love watching his expression. He was very good! Then Jenn and I headed off to work the big dinner. We worked this dinner for Bernie because he is going to make a large donation to our cheerleaders. Well I worked my tushie off. Ran and ran and ran filled food, cleared plates, washed dishes. Then after we served almost 500 people Jenn and I got changed and worked the dance. It was a lot of fun. After we were done we scooted out on the dance floor. I got up on stage like usual and played the cowbell. I’m a professional cowbell player. I played it to Mustang Sally. Yea it was sweet making an ass out of myself but I didn’t care I was having fun and that is all that matters. Then I called it a night.

Sunday was the best of the whole weekend. The kids taught me how to ride a dirt bike. I know I can't believe it either I am to work today I didn't die. It was fun and hilarious. Then we all went for a 4 wheeler ride out to twin and ended up hiking around the whole entire lake. Through bogs, swamps, rocks, and brush. I was cut up cause I had shorts on but man it was fun. Corey kept jumping out and scaring me. Little shit he got me quite a few times. He kept hiding perfectly behind trees. We got so damn muddy it was hilarious. Kristen drove me back and I swear that girl hit ever single mud puddle. I love getting muddy. It isn’t wheeling unless you get muddy. Then we all went and ate at the lemon wolf for fathers day and got ice cream well I didn’t I was so full from my delicious shirmp. Then we came back and watched a movie. I had 4 nasty ticks on me. They had none. I was not a happy camper about that. Icky I hate them they scare the crap out of my and they are so tiny. I don’t care I’m a whimp. It was the best weekend ever. I wish I had pictures :(

4 comments:

tina said...

it WAS a fun weekend. you played a pretty mean cowbell at the dance that night. nice work.

jenny said...

i second what tina said! :)

oh, and i got video of you on stage! muuaaahhhahahahaaa!

gram said...

would love to see you play the cowbell, soo funny. you gals have so much fun together. i enjoy reading about it. have a great weekend! tell your aunt shelly i miss her and say hello to her for me, thank you sooo much for that. i love her!

Mel said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend Jen!!! Glad you passed your "interview";)