6.06.2008

Can you top this?

Happy Birthday to my best bud Jen!!!!

One of my good friends Carla said she read my blog. She reminded me of an incident that I shall share with you. I can bet you 500 bucks that no one has gone through this before. Have you ever turned blue from head to toe? I mean smurf or Willy Wonka blue? I have….
It turns out I am allergic to a specific type of blue dye that is only used in the generic brand Equate Nyquil. I was a senior in high school when the night before I took some of this new generic brand of Nyquil because I had a cold obviously. The next morning I got up got ready quick for school cause I was late like usual and headed off to school. Then in the middle of first period my friend Carl said you are blue! I remember say what I am not I’m happy… He was then like no get up and go to the bathroom and started laughing. I went to the bathroom and yep I was blue. Head to toe. The whites of my eyes had a tint to it, my pee, my saliva. I’m serious everything. So I rushed to the nurse’s office. She freaked out and sent me right down to the clinic. I remember the DR taking a gauze and running it down my back and it was all blue. Then horribly my whole body started to itch. People this was the most horrific feeling. Like someone covered me in itching powder. The pharmacist looked online and he said he only found 3 other cases like mine. There was nothing they could do for me. So I just had to go home and sit in the bath tub. Of course the water turned blue. Well I guess I was allergic to the dye and my body wanted to get rid of it and to do so it secreted it out all my pours. Then over the next three days it slowly faded. My feet were the last to clear up. I guess if I can never find something to wear for Halloween I can always go as a smurf or that girl who turned into a blue berry on Willy Wonka.

So tell me have any of you expereince some strange rare reaction or occurance. Im interested to hear.... How did you feel? I was scaired but mostly annoyed cause no one could tell me what was happening.

Saddest thing. No pictures just a bunch of witnesses. It was too much of a rush rush situation to take a pic and i think if someone came up to me with a camera I would have bitten their head off. :)

5 comments:

jenny said...

thanks for the birthday wishes bud! we should've nicknamed you smurfette! :)

Anonymous said...

Jen, I was thinking about that same story after reading your fun facts last night and saw you hadn't mentioned turning blue. I think it's funny you posted about it today. I have to say that I've never experienced something quite like that. Glad you were able to figure out what caused it though. I remember there being speculation that it had something to do with new bedding you had just gotten but mainly, no one knew what it was.

Denise H. said...

HOLY CRAP, That is Crazy! I can't say that I have ever turned into a smurf. Great Story!

I think that the closest comparism would have to be when I fell off of a cliff while hiking with my friends at a family reunion. Luckily I only had minor cuts and bruises. When we got back to camp my friends grandma decided that she would doctor me up. She put some sort of medicine all over my legs, arms, neck and back that was a reddish color. It ended up dying my skin red everywhere that she put it. It looked horrible! This was the weekend before we started highschool. So the first week of highschool I had to wear shorts because the cuts hurt too bad to layer pants over the top and had to show everyone my red body. It was funny because you could even see her hand prints. NOT CUTE! :)

Denise H. said...

Oh, by the way I found you from Jenny's blog. I love reading hers and am Excited to read yours as well.

Anonymous said...

you must teach me how to make the blue pee!!!